Awakening With Nature – A Return to the Authentic Self
With Honor Woodard, BFA, LMT
October 20 - 22, 2017
Join accomplished photographic artist, healer, dream guide and Nature-whisperer Honor Woodard for a weekend of returning to our true essence with the gentle inspiration of Nature’s embrace. Surrounded by the tranquil beauty of Elohee and shrouded in the colorful vestments of autumn flora, we will follow the ways of beauty, dreaming, poetry and embodied awareness toward our unique symbolic languages, learning tools for keener listening and inspired interactions with the elements. The land has messages for us, and as a dynamic group we will enter into a rich conversation.
In this time of great shift in human consciousness we are awakening to our true nature. Awakening along with us, Nature itself is continually showing us where we are, how we are, and what we’re struggling with. She also grants us the messages we need to deliver ourselves from the struggle, if only we slow down, pay sincere attention and participate.
Remembering our own symbolic language and how to navigate this mythopoetic world, we gain a glimpse of our larger self and the larger story we are embodying. Our soul’s language begins to emerge into conscious awareness – a language that will continue to evolve and inform us throughout our life journeys.
We will ground more deeply into the present moment with the assistance of Nature, and from this place we will see with fresh eyes into the world around us no matter where we are.
“There are unknown forces in nature; when we give ourselves wholly to her, without reserve, she lends them to us; she shows us these forms, which our watching eyes do not see, which our intelligence does not understand or suspect.” —Auguste Rodin
To aid us in remembering our authentic true nature, we will be employing:
- Restorative excursions in the peaceful forests of Elohee to deepen our sensory awareness
- Generous sharing in the sacred container of a group of like minded souls
- Small group dreamwork (no experience or dream recall necessary)
- Journaling as a tool for tracking our relationship with the elements
- Solo and group inquiry into both our inner and outer Natures
- Crafting beautiful questions for inviting Nature’s answers
- Entering Nature as oracle
- Photography as a tool for receiving Nature’s messages (camera optional and no experience necessary)
This retreat is for:
- Those on an awakening path
- Those who have felt drawn by nature but haven’t yet ventured into the woods
- Healers in need of soul nourishment
- Those needing to find stillness in a busy life
- Dreamers looking to ground their dreams in the natural world
- Those seeking to deepen their relationship with Nature and their true self
- Anyone feeling disconnected from self, community, their own wisdom or internal compass
- Those wishing to learn how to more readily engage their inner guidance and recognize synchronicity
- Those seeking to reboot their sense of wonder
- Those yearning to uncover their authentic self and identify emerging gifts
A recent piece on NPR, Forest Bathing: A Retreat To Nature Can Boost Immunity And Mood: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/17/536676954/forest-bathing-a-retreat-to-nature-can-boost-immunity-and-mood?sc=17&f=1001
Some related posts from Honor’s blog:
“I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding.”
If you’d like more information about the retreat, please contact Honor at 904.315.2917 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit Honor’s website at www.honorwoodard.com.
*If you feel strongly drawn to attend this retreat and don’t have adequate financial means, please call or email Honor to discuss your options.