Be Empowered – Advanced Coaching and Leadership Retreat
With Dr. Julian Norris, Laura Larriva Page, Rod Francis and Ronit leMon Drobey
August 31 - September 3, 2018
Diving deep for ourselves, our clients and the world
The trees ahead and the bushes beside you Are not lost.
Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers.
As coaches, facilitators and as leaders, our awareness of our deeper selves and our true nature is a critical variable in our capacity to effectively catalyze and support change. The ‘outer’ work of trying to support a client or change a system will often amplify our own ‘inner’ tensions and assumptions, blind spots and paradoxes; our capacity to engage generatively with this tension profoundly shapes the nature of our subsequent impact in the world. A growing body of research (1) reinforces the importance of practices that cultivate deep awareness, interoception, self-knowledge, and the capacity for connecting to the source of our most creative intelligence as ways to help us meet these challenges and optimize our way of being in the world as coaches, leaders and as humans.
Be Empowered is a three-day immersive and experiential retreat program designed to reconnect us with these essential capacities and offer tools to bring them forth in ourselves, our coaching and into the wider social sphere. The retreat will be held at Elohee, a dedicated nature retreat center set in 220 acres of undeveloped land and nestled deep in the foothills of the stunning Blue Ridge mountains in North Georgia. Elohee ( EL-oh-HEE ) is a Cherokee word meaning “earth place.”
During the retreat, we will have a number of opportunities to show up with radical, embodied presence and encounter the wild world in a way that can be deeply powerful, surprising and transformative. The experiential group and individual activities will include deep listening practices, conversations with the wild, somatic work, dreamwork, mindful walks and nature-based artistic practices interspersed with competencies-based coaching skills sessions. There will also be personal reflective time to embody and embed the deep nature of this learning.
- Cultivate deep listening through interactive self and group work and by direct engagement with the natural environment.
- Engage in facilitated dreamwork to encounter your essential self and enable transformation into the best version of you.
- Experientially learn practices of embodiment and how to most effectively weave these into your own coaching and leadership.
- Deepen your capacity for embodied presence and presencing throughout your life, work and coaching.
- Connect with your true purpose, create project aligned with that and build supportive community to enact that in the world.
- Radically transform your capacity for self-knowledge, interoceptive awareness and ability to engage with your deepest wisdom and voice of intuitive awareness and to use these in service of clients and others.
- Engage with your radical truth through your deepest wisdom and intuition to serve others and your coaching.
- Unleash your truest, wildest, most creative nature in the company of other like-minded mission-driven life artists. Learn how to bring your truest self and birth your core mission with the greatest impact in the wider world.
- Consolidate this powerful learning experience into your coaching through structured facilitated engagement throughout the retreat and beyond.
- 3 and 6 month accountability calls with your facilitators to maintain momentum and impact with your growth, coaching, work and project.
- Gain 33.5 ICF CEU’s (21.75 Core Competency; 11.75 Resource Development).
- 3 days of deeply transformative teachings and experiential learning activities throughout the weekend retreat
- Two post-retreat support calls with your leaders
- Lodging of your choice: shared, private or even tent camping.
- Meals for the entirety of your stay: Healthy, organic fresh cooked as-Bulletproof-as-we-can-make-them meals, plus snacks throughout the day and Bulletproof Coffee of course!
- 220 acres of stunning natural wilderness and scenery to immerse yourself in.
This 3-day program runs over the Labor Day long weekend 2018 and will commence on Friday, August 31st at 4pm and complete at 4pm on Monday, September 3rd. Elohee is approximately a 2-hour drive from the major international hub airport of Atlanta. Participants will be invited to self-organize their own transport and we will offer shuttle companies with whom you will be able to arrange low cost group travel between Atlanta airport and Elohee. Stated costs are inclusive of lodging, all meals (grass-fed, organic and as Bulletproof as we can make it! Plus Bulletproof coffee & snacks) and taxes. Participant numbers will be limited to 45, so book early to ensure a place.
If you’d like to reserve a double occupancy room and don’t have someone to share with, please select the “Double Occupancy/2 Twin Beds” option, leave the “Requested Roommate” field blank, and we’ll assign a roommate of your gender. If there are no roommates available, we will reassign you to a single room with a shared bath for an additional cost of $35.50 and notify you of the change.
Join the Be Empowered Facilitators for a live 1-hour webinar on Tuesday, August 7th at 12 Noon Pacific (3pm EST). This call is a great opportunity to:
- Meet the phenomenal retreat facilitators: Rod & Laura
- Learn more about the retreat: what we’ll be doing, and the structure of the weekend
- Ask any questions you may have
(1) Research References:
Intelligence in the Flesh Guy Claxton
Wild Mind: A Field Guide to the Human Psyche Bill Plotkin
Experiencing and the Creation of Meaning Eugene Gendlin
Theory U Otto Scharmer
Buddha’s Brain Rick Hanson
Julian is a relentlessly curious guide and facilitator who supports people and complex systems to discover their unique potential. Holding faculty appointments at the Haskayne School of Business and the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, he trains senior leaders in…
Learn more about Dr. Julian Norris
Evocateur of the possible and advocate for the wild, Laura Larriva Page blends her love of archetypal and developmental psychology, dance, mythology, poetry, and the study of pan-cultural transformational learning into powerful, embodied explorations of deep purpose – all designed…
Learn more about Laura Larriva Page
Ronit leMon Drobey is a coach, teacher, writer, speaker and workshop facilitator. Ronit is a Professional Certified Coach through the International Coaching Federation, holds a BA in Political Science from UCLA, and a double MA in Teaching Writing and English…
Learn more about Ronit leMon Drobey