BodyMap®: Experiential Healing for Sustainable Health
With J. David Forbes, MD, ABIHM
October 19 - 23, 2018
We all just want to feel better. Don’t we?
We are bombarded in our present culture with an infinite number of “programs” that purport to be the one that will bring us better health and sense of well-being.
As a holistic physician and Past President of the American Holistic Medical Association, I have seen a gazillion programs come and go. They often help a certain number of people but not others. I, as well as my patients, seem to have been on an eternal search for the one that will help the most. Here’s what I have found.
The right program is the one that is already inside you.
This retreat is designed to help you find it, your personal BodyMap.
We are so often living our lives from our heads, analyzing and thinking, trying to fix what ails us, listening to what is outside of us for our guidance, and wondering why we still struggle so much with trying to feel better.
When we can surrender to our inner guidance and truly listen to our bodies we can find the centeredness, wisdom and clearance of our stress that leads to better feeling days and truly better health. Our bodies know how to do this. We need two things: to get our heads out of the way long enough to allow it, and to truly feel safe. In this retreat we will cultivate the space that allows us to explore that deeper healing mechanism and take these practices back into our daily lives in a transformative way.
Included in this retreat:
- Experiencing the healing power of a truly safe, supportive community
- Learning how our bodies hold on to old pains, wounds, trauma and tension and how they can be safely moved through and released
- Learning how to follow the guidance and wisdom of the body for releasing old hurts and finding our inner centeredness and peace
- Energies of the Heart Meditation that restores energy, clears old tensions and aids in physical healing
- Teaching on how to find the right diet and exercise BodyMap for you.
- Beautiful, nurturing retreat environment that allows for connection with ourselves, others and Nature
- Fantastic, delicious and healthy meals (including gluten-free and vegan options) that nourish and energize our bodies
- Daily movement practices such as QiGong, trail walking, and meditative walking practice
- Time for needed sleep and rest for rejuvenation
This Retreat is limited to 12-16 participants in order to create a maximum sense of safety and for everyone to have ample time for their personal work.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact David at 615-497-4956 or JDForbes7@aol.com.
J. David Forbes, M.D., ABIHM, is a practicing internist, a Founding Diplomate of the American Board of Holistic Medicine, Past-President of the American Holistic Medical Association (now the AIHM), past Co-Director of the Integrative Health and Healing Program at The…
Learn more about J. David Forbes, MD, ABIHM