Starshine & Clay: A Yoga Retreat for Women of Color to Be – Sold Out!
With Octavia Raheem - Retreat Leader, E-RYT, Robin Blackwell, Tracee Stanley and Ona Hawk
September 20 - 22, 2019
This year’s Fall Starshine & Clay Retreat are inspired by these words: “I love myself. The quietest. Simplest. Most powerful. Revolution. Ever.” ― Nayyirah Waheed
Our Fall 2019 Retreat is an opportunity to step away from our daily responsibilities and tending to everyone else. It is a chance to reconnect to our body, minds, and hearts. This year, we will dive deeply into our own hearts in order to access the love, wisdom, and truth that is always there.
During our time together, we will:
-Discover how to open and release baggage from our hearts through both movement and stillness
-Embrace the power of deep rest to support us in loving ourselves toward wholeness.
-Make more space to do what we love and connect our hearts to more pure joy!
This retreat is open to all levels and includes:
- Active and restorative practices, creative movement, and meditations to take us deep into our hearts and touch the wisdom that lives there.
- Creative journaling, contemplation, and sacred dialogue to let go of limiting beliefs about our capacity to receive and give love to ourselves
- Yoga Nidra practice designed to open and liberate the power in our hearts
- Laughter Yoga to cultivate more self acceptance, joy, and love within
- Kemetic yoga workshop to strengthen and soften the body, heart, and soul
- Time to share healthy + decadent meals that communicate love to our bodies with each bite
- So much more!
Practice profound self love as you connect with yourself and others in a safe and supportive community.
What you’ll need to add
- Travel to and from the resort
What you may want to add
- Spa treatments
Please note when planning travel: Check-in begins on Friday September 20th at 3pm with our first activity starting promptly at 6pm. Retreats end Sunday September 22th at 1pm. Please plan to stay the entire time.
Creator and Host of Starshine & Clay Retreats:
Octavia Raheem – Retreat Leader
I created Starshine and Clay Retreats because I need a place to both affirm my wholeness and practice being well in my body and soul; I needed a place that felt like home to do that. A place where I don’t need to worry bout the small things, like my edges or belly hanging out. A place that I don’t have to “study” about the big things that threaten to send me over the edge, like racism and sexism. The things that show up in even the most well meaning of places.
I created Starshine and Clay to honor and celebrate being exactly who I am.
Octavia Raheem is a Yoga Alliance experienced registered teacher (E-RYT) at the 200-hour level. She completed teacher training under the guidance of Graham Fowler and Elizabeth Nix at Peachtree Yoga Center in 2007 and began teaching later that year. To…
Learn more about Octavia Raheem – Retreat Leader, E-RYT