Move, Rest, Repeat: A chance to restore and refresh yourself in community
With Larissa Parson and Kerri Williamson
May 17 - 21, 2019
Does any of this resonate with you?
- You feel like your body’s broken due to diastasis or pelvic floor issues; everyone—maybe even your doctor—tells you “that’s just how it is after you have kids/after 40/etc.”
- You haven’t exercised in a while because you’re not sure where to start. And anyway, you don’t have time to go to a regular class—it’s just too hard to juggle everything.
- Maybe you feel like you spend all your time caring for others. When’s the last time you had a shower without someone interrupting you?
- You miss yourself: taking long walks in the woods, or getting lost in a book all day, or basking in the sun with friends (with a sensible hat on, of course).
You’re not alone in any of this. It is possible to feel good in your body again. And to find other people who understand.
- Retraining your core to be strong and functional, even with diastasis recti or prolapse.
- Feeling capable and strong, and knowing what is too much for YOUR individual body.
- Spending some time alone, finally getting to read that latest book in your favorite series—all in one sitting. Or maybe you’re catching up on that knitting project, without the distractions of taking care of everyone else.
- Finding a group of friends who are going down this road together with you.
- Taking a long woodland walk with your new friends, and then having the time to shower ALONE.
- Going home empowered and embodied: rested, connected to yourself and to others, and ready to bring new habits into your daily life.
Over the four days we’re together, you will learn techniques to engage your core and support your pelvic floor. You’ll build on strengths you already have as a mover. You’ll reconnect with your body and discover ways your body can move that you didn’t know existed. You’ll learn self-massage techniques that you can use to support your healing. And you’ll do it all in the nurturing community we’ll build together.
We’ll have hangouts in the teahouse, a storybowl, a campfire. You won’t want to leave, but when you do you will know you can always come back, come home, be embodied.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about this retreat, please contact Larissa at email@example.com or 919-964-2778. You can visit her website at www.larissaparson.com.
In her practice as a massage therapist, Kerri Williamson specializes in Maya Abdominal Therapy, massage for menopause, and perinatal massage. A graduate of Body Therapy Institute in 2008, Kerri’s other modalities include Swedish and myofascial massage, integrated with acupressure and…
Learn more about Kerri Williamson