A Day of Mindfulness: Resting Into the Peaceful Present Moment
With Linda Davis, MSW, RYT
March 23, 2019
You are hereby granted permission to rest! Leave your troubles, along with your to-do list and cell phone, behind and come to the top of the mountain to enjoy a day in “slow time.” Elohee Retreat Center’s serene surroundings and gracious staff will warmly welcome and embrace us. Our day will include:
- Restorative Yoga (where you simply relax on blankets and bolsters allowing the body and nervous system to soften).
- Mindfulness Meditation and practices to help anchor you in the peaceful present moment.
- Yoga Nidra – A transformative and healing guided meditation where you experience very deep levels of relaxation, nourishment and peace. It is not “yoga” in the way we usually understand it, rather it is the meditative heart of Yoga where you are guided to a beautiful state of “effortless being” – and all you have to do is lay down and listen. Afterwards you’ll feel physically rested and spiritually inspired.
- A mindful walk in the woods or “forest bathing” as it is now sometimes called. A friend recently sent me a link to a great article with all the scientific understandings about how mindfully being in the woods (as opposed to hiking fast to a destination), is so good for us. My friend Gail Cole’s comment was “who knew you’d been doing this and teaching us for years?” Of course, I’ve always called it simply Walking Meditation or spending quiet time in nature. Click here to link to the article.
- Social Silence where you’re invited to focus inward rather than chatting during free time. There will be time for Q & A and sharing.
- A delicious, locally-sourced lunch, lovingly prepared and artfully served.
This day is meant for everyone. All levels of experience, including beginners, will feel comfortable and welcomed.
We’ll have Yoga mats (for extra padding/comfort) but you are welcome to bring your own if you’d like. Also, optionally, a journal or notebook, an eye pillow or sleep mask, shoes for woods-walking (if you choose to go) and layered, comfortable clothing.
For more information about the retreat program, contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-878-0036.
Linda’s Soulful Sunday afternoon retreat was the perfect way for me to welcome the New Year! We gently stretched, meditated, relished some restorative yoga, and arose blissfully refreshed and so comforted after a beautifully deep yoga Nidra session, which she so kindly and gently began with a message of “Welcome home to yourself.” And THEN there was chocolate! It was the sweetest experience in every respect. Linda’s manner is so easy, natural, warm, funny, playful, and relaxed. I’m so comfortable in her presence and SO grateful for the retreats she offers!! ~ Lisa Crockett, December 2018
***If you’d like to extend your Day of Mindfulness and allow yourself more time to settle in and bask in the peace and beauty of the mountains, our Rest and Relaxation weekend is made to order for you. You can click here to get more information about the weekend and to register. Since Saturday lunch is included in your day retreat, your will receive a $22 credit after signing up for the R&R weekend.***
As a Buddhist meditation teacher and counselor, Linda has been helping people find greater clarity, peace and fulfillment in their lives for 35 years. Sparked by a deep interest in spirituality at a young age, Linda traveled to Nepal, India,…
Learn more about Linda Davis, MSW, RYT