Starshine & Clay: A Yoga Retreat for Women of Color to Be – Facing the Rising Sun
With Octavia Raheem - Retreat Leader, E-RYT, Ona Hawk, Guest Teacher, April Taylor, Sound Therapist and Malesha Taylor, Vocalist
January 10 - 12, 2020
Begin your New Year at Starshine & Clay Yoga Retreat For Women of Color. Our January 2020 retreat is inspired by the words of the Black National Anthem: “Facing the rising sun, of a new day begun.” ― James Weldon Johnson
Our New Year 2020 Retreat is an opportunity to step away from our daily responsibilities and tending to everyone else. It is a chance to reconnect to our bodies, minds, and hearts. This retreat happens just a few days into the new year and provides an excellent opportunity to vision and dream what we will manifest in our new year!
During our time together, we will:
-Discover how to clear what we do not want in our lives in order to make more space for what we truly want.
– Gain clarity about what we want more of in our lives in the new year.
-Embrace the power of both flow and deep rest as a way to reconnect to our desires as well as dreams
This retreat is open to all yoga levels and includes:
- Active and restorative practices, creative movement, and meditations that give us time to literally day dream and vision what we want for ourselves in the new year and beyond.
- Creative journaling, contemplation, and sacred dialogue to cultivate a sense of worthiness in relationship to living our dreams and visions.
- Yoga Nidra practice designed to access the wisdom in our hearts in order to align with deeper visions
- Gentle Strength yoga workshop that frees up our body, mind, heart, and souls
- Time to share healthy + decadent meals that communicate love to our bodies with each bite
- So much more!
Begin the new year, facing the rising sun, dreaming, and visioning your way forward in a safe and supportive community of sisters.
What you’ll need to add
- Travel to and from the resort
What you may want to add
- Spa treatments
Please note when planning travel: Check-in begins on Friday January 10th, 2020 at 3pm with our first activity starting promptly at 6pm. Retreat ends Sunday January 12th at 1pm. Please plan to stay the entire time.
Octavia Raheem is a Yoga Alliance experienced registered teacher (E-RYT) at the 200-hour level. She completed teacher training under the guidance of Graham Fowler and Elizabeth Nix at Peachtree Yoga Center in 2007 and began teaching later that year. To…
Learn more about Octavia Raheem – Retreat Leader, E-RYT
April Taylor is passionate about the power of sound and she is guided by a mission committed to creating healthy, balanced, meditating people who embrace justice and promote healthy communities. In her sound therapy sessions, April creates peaceful conditions to…
Learn more about April Taylor, Sound Therapist