Be Empowered – A Personal, Professional & Leadership Purpose Retreat
With Rod Francis and Ronit leMon Drobey
September 4 - 8, 2020
The trees ahead and the bushes beside you Are not lost.
Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers.
— David Wagoner, Lost
Our capacities for sustained deep attention, awareness and listening to self, other and the world are major factors in our ability to successfully navigate life and create deep lasting change. The apparent ‘outer’ work in reality begins with our inner processes — with the felt level of our experience. Our ability to engage meaningfully with this material profoundly shapes how we then show up in and impact the wider world. Reams of research (1) now shows there is much to be gained from cultivating deep awareness, self-knowledge and connection to the typically sub-conscious source of our most creative intelligence.
Equally, while the gains are self-evident, much has also been lost in our relentless human evolutionary trajectory, particularly in the recent era of astonishing technological advance. Beyond connection to ourselves, perhaps the next greatest loss is our embodied connection to the natural world itself.
Be Empowered is a 4-day immersive and experiential retreat program designed to reconnect us with these and many other essential capacities and offer tools to bring them forth in ourselves, our coaching and into the wider social sphere. The retreat will be held at Elohee, a dedicated nature retreat center set in 220 acres of undeveloped land and nestled deep in the foothills of the stunning Blue Ridge mountains in North Georgia. Elohee (EL-oh-HEE ) is a Cherokee word meaning “earth place.”
During the retreat, you will be facilitated into practices of radical, embodied presence and learn to encounter the wild world in ways that can be deeply powerful, surprising and transformative. The experiential group and individual activities include deep listening practices, conversations with the wild, somatic work, powerful language through myth and story, mindfulness practices and nature-based artistic practices interspersed with competencies-based coaching skills sessions. This retreat, while offering coaching specific skills and units, is a powerful and accessible learning experience for both coaches and non-coaches as a way to discover what really matters most to you in this moment and, more importantly, offers ways to crystallize this into action in your life.
There will also be personal reflective time to embody and embed the deep nature of this learning.
- Cultivate deep listening through interactive self and group work and by direct engagement with the natural environment.
- Uncover your deeper narratives through direct encounter with wild nature and your essential self in service of creating the best version of you.
- Explore powerful language though myth, metaphor, story and fable and how to creatively engage these for personal and professional transformation. Coaches, this is a must-have skill!
- Practices of embodiment and how to most effectively weave these into your life and professional work.
- Deepen your capacity for embodied presence and presencing.
- Connect with your true purpose, create aligned projects and build supportive community and routes to enacting that in the world.
- Develop your ‘superpowers’ of deep-listening, interoceptive awareness and intuitive awareness in service of yourself, your clients and the world.
- Unleash your truest, wildest, most creative nature in the company of other like-minded mission-driven life artists.
- 4 whole days of deeply transformative teachings and experiential learning activities throughout the retreat
- A pre and post-retreat facilitator support call.
- Lodging of your choice: shared, private or even tent camping.
- Meals for the entirety of your stay: Healthy, nutrient dense, fresh meals, plus snacks throughout the day.
- 220 acres of stunning natural wilderness and scenery to immerse yourself in.
This 4-day program runs over the Labor Day long weekend 2020 and will commence on Friday, September 4th at 4pm and complete at 12 noon on Tuesday, September 8th. Elohee is approximately a 2-hour drive from the major international hub airport of Atlanta. Participants are invited to self-organize their transport to and from Elohee and we will offer some avenues to support you in doing so.
The Be Empowered retreat is an integrated part of the Emergent Coach Training program—an advanced International Coach Federation accredited professional training. Full participation will earn 25.5 ICF ACSTH (CCE) Units. It can be taken by any Coach wishing to upgrade their skillset and/or gain CCEU’s for recredentialing. If extra places exist we will open them for the general public (ie. non-coaches or partners) within 2 months of the program. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to book or to register for waitlist. Or please go here to learn more.
(1) Research References:
A Branch from the Lightening Tree Martin Shaw
Becoming Animal David Abram
Intelligence in the Flesh Guy Claxton
Focusing Eugene Gendlin
Theory U Otto Scharmer
Buddha’s Brain Rick Hanson
Ronit leMon Drobey is a coach, teacher, writer, speaker and workshop facilitator. Ronit is a Professional Certified Coach through the International Coaching Federation, holds a BA in Political Science from UCLA, and a double MA in Teaching Writing and English…
Learn more about Ronit leMon Drobey